Narga Garment Teaching and Production factory, Ethiopian Institute of Textile and Fashion Technology (EiTEX) which has constructed building in Abay Mado, Kebele 11, near to St. Gabriel church started operation three years ago. The factory has a total of 106 sewing machines with different varieties and also knitting machine which are 2 single jersey circular knitting machine (plain and jacquard), 2 Double jersey Circular knitting machines (Rib and interlock), 3 Flat knitting machine (Prottiy, Stoll) and 3 Socks knitting machine(Santoni). The company’s textile outputs are mainly medical wear which is 100% waterproof seam-sealed, other types of outdoor clothing and also jeans, shirt, trouser, T-shirt, jacket, dresses, blouses, work wear, military wears & other fashionable clothes. Product types which are produced in Narga Garment Teaching and Production factory are:
- Face Mask
- Work Wear
Our garment factory principles and plans are:
- Serving as a practical support session for EiTEX students
- Producing and marketing.
The basic planning process in clothing manufacture includes:
- Receiving the order;
- Proper planning to check if there is sufficient plant capacity is available to achieve the delivery date specified;
- Checking availability of cut parts and panels in all areas of operation;
- Checking if there is ample time to order and receive fabric, trims, approve sample, lab testing, etc.
- Confirmation of the delivery date to the customer;
- Proper communication between parties for smooth flow of the process;
- Monitoring progress against plan;
- Re-plan if required;
- For the operations, we do have efficient and sufficient skilled man power and separately managed with responsible manager.
Abrham Destaw [Lecturer]
Coordinator of Narga Garment Teaching and Production factory
Ethiopian Institute of Textile and Fashion Technology
Bahir Dar University, Bahir Dar/Ethiopia