Powers and Responsibilities of the Managing Director
Without prejudice to additional power to be provided under internal regulations of the institutes, the Managing director shall have the following powers and responsibilities.
- Responsibility for the financial, administrative for the personal budget, in coordination with the Scientific and Deputy Director
- Ensuring compliance with legal provisions, especially the Higher education proclamation and other laws regarding the relationship between the institute, the University and the Government.
- Overall responsibility for budget planning budget steering and the expenditure policy in coordination with the Scientific and deputy Directors
- Securing the budget, ensuring financial liquidity and the realization of the directives of the institute’s Supervisory Board.
- Responsibility for the human resource policy, planning of the personal budget and human resource development in coordination with the Scientific and deputy directors,
- Overall responsibility for all matters of organization, structures and procedures as well as overall responsibility for controlling including reporting and auditing
- Lead and oversee the development of an information and communication technology strategy of the institute.
- Overall responsibility for the institutes building construction projects facility planning maintenance and facility management.
- To develop and implement institutional slandered measures and ensure that the academic and administrative operation of the institute are based on these standards.
- To ensure that the institute maintains a healthy balance of income and expenditure and proper books of accounts of all incomes and expenditures
- To ensure that all fundamental operation and substantive transaction of the institute are appropriately documented in text and data form as appropriates and that the information is, without prejudice to institutional interests appropriately and readily accessible to end- users,
- Prepare institutional plans and budget and ensure their implementation upon approval;
- To plane the budget of the institute including requests for block-grant budget pursuant to section three of the proclamation whenever the institute is ready to operate under this system, to be directly submitted to the government upon approval by the Supervisory Board and to manage the allocated budget and all financial affairs to the institute:
- To increase the number of external revenue source, in particular from research grants and sponsored research and to raise, collect and use the internal revenue of the institute from consultancy work, project contracts, donations, tuition fees for study programs or other sources;
- As deemed necessary, in consultation with Scientific director and relevant academic unites develop proposal for establishment of commercial enterprises as income generating scheme and community & industrial service outlet implement after getting approval by Supervisory Board.
- Manage and take decisions on all property at the disposal of the institute international procurement conformity with the law;
- Build and maintain a system of procurement and conduct local and international procurement in conformity with the law;
- To oversee recruitment processes for administrative staff and where necessary select, managing and dismiss administrative staff of the institute on the basis of the law.
- Subject to university-wide safety and security regulation and standards, to build and maintain a reliable safety and security system that protects life and property in the premises of the institute.
Melkie Getnet Tadesse [PhD]
Ethiopian Institution of Textile and Fashion Technology [EiTEX]
Mobile phone: +251 930351925
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office phone: +251 588209263
Fax : +251 582 26 62 46
P.O. Box: 1037
Bahir Dar University
Bahir Dar, Ethiopia