EiTEX Library Services
Libraries have historically supported teaching and learning by providing books, journals, databases, and other types of information; offering general and specialized study spaces; teaching information literacy skills; and providing references in person and online. But today, we are observing educational models are rapidly evolving. Advances in technology, publishing, information sharing, and pedagogy shape the needs of instructors and students. EiTEX library seeks to reach students not only in EiTEX campus, but in all Campuses of BDU, across the state and around the world. EiTEX library will be engaged wherever teaching and learning occur. Librarians will draw upon their full repertoire of expertise and resources in collaboration with teachers, learners, and academic support partners to transform the teaching and learning experience.
EiTEX library will provide more customized, user centered services, including adopting mobile technologies to help users manage their personal information needs, meeting information needs of professionals and alumni, contributing expertise to Textile ,Garment, Lather ,Merchandize and fashion technology of information systems being deployed on campus and throughout the state, and promoting unique resources to the global community. The library promotes the development of self-learning and meets users’ needs and expectation. Build foundation of the library’s physical and virtual spaces that respond to the changing habits of its users by providing open access to cultural, intellectual, and informational resources both in print and technologies. Therefore, EiTEX Library Services requires plan that will improve its capacity.
The EiTEX Library provides collections, expertise, services, and facilities that are essential to achieve the University’s mission of teaching- learning, research, and community service for the campus community, all Campuses of BDU, across the state and around the world to enrich the dynamic information landscape.
In meeting the University’s vision, in 2017 according to Ethiopian calendar to be the first three of best ten African academic research universities, our library aspire to be a leader among academic research libraries in meeting user’s evolving knowledge-creation and knowledge-management needs of the institute.
Achieving this vision requires that the library administrative divisions strengthen their commitment and provide leadership to:
- Identify users’ needs, measure the impact of library services on users, and use results to improve student, institute, and library performance;
- Explore and apply new technologies to advance the creation and dissemination of knowledge, ensure service success, and increase library efficiency;
- Promote and encourage innovation and intelligent risk-taking;
- Collaborate with internal and external partners as a key approach to creating new library roles and practices;
- Foster a diverse environment that is marked by integrity, inclusiveness, and respect;
- Develop and employ staff expertise in EiTEX to create a cohesive, team-based culture that meets users’ needs;
- Track and shape the environment in which collections and other information resources and services are created and used; and
- Leverage existing and new resources to achieve the Library’s goals.
The circulating collection refers to all publications that are found in the EiTEX Library. All circulation books are arranged by DDC call numbers from 000-999.Circulation services support continuous and transformative learning experiences by engaging in all aspects of the educational continuum. This administrative division provides the available library materials in print formats just in time based on user request and to serve the informational, educational and intellectual needs of EiTEX community. This unit strives to offer fast, free and fair library service as well as provide full access to library materials for users. Besides, this unit also provides reservation and document delivery services to users. Moreover, the unit provides fast and user friendly online service through which user check circulation information from their office and home to reserve, borrow as well as renew the material that they would like to use.
DIGITAL LIBRARY SERVICE
The Digital Library Services would be responsible for developing innovative digital services and Institutional Repository in collaboration with EiTEX scholars and other external stakeholders. This team establishes a premier infrastructure for digital libraries using which the Library provide its user electronic resources on various disciplines through Library Web Page. EiTEX library has Institutional Repositories in which publication that produced by EiTEX community will be posted and accessed by users through the digital library system.
1. Support continuous and transformative learning experiences by engaging in all aspects of the educational continuum.
- Assist students and faculty in all disciplines to engage with, create, and transform works in both analog and digital forms as a regular part of their coursework.
- provide virtual and physical library environments that inspire creativity, discovery, innovation, and collaboration.
- Extend library teaching and learning support beyond the bounds of location and constraints of the academic schedule.
2. Foster researchers’ success by providing active support of collections throughout the research lifecycle, from identification of the problem through dissemination of results.
- Provide strong collections and develop new mechanisms for delivering them to researchers.
- Provide researchers with the space, tools, and information assistance they need to successfully conduct research and manage research results
- Support the dissemination and preservation of research results and the measurement of their impact.
3. Improve capacity to overall success and represents a significant investment in building or realigning key assets of the library.
- Equip and support library staff to demonstrate the skills, abilities, attitudes, and knowledge that will make them sought-after partners and effective leaders.
- Provide physical facilities and virtual environments that enable research, teaching, learning, and engagement to flourish.
- Implement and support the best technologies to improve users’ success in an environment of rapid and continuous change.
- Pursue new sources of funding and redirect existing funding toward the Library’s strategic priorities.
- Demonstrate and communicate library value.
Library Services Director: Julaa Kabeto
website : http://eitex.bdu.edu.et