Garment Engineering is a profession that deals with the application of scientific, engineering and technological principles in the manufacturing system and production process of apparel Industry
Some of the typical tasks the professionals are expected to deal with are:
1. Planning, monitoring and controlling Garment production operation
2. Developing quality system and maintaining product quality assurance
3. Developing and selecting manufacturing system & technology
4. Design of work station, production line and Factory layout
5. Setting labor cost, standard working time and methods
6. Pattern Engineering , Functional Apparel product design, analysis and development
7. Developing and executing strategy for overall cost reduction & profit maximization
BSc. in Garment Engineering
The BSc. in Garment Engineering program at EiTEX has duration of 5 academic years and it is the first program launched in Ethiopia. The program fulfils the requirement of qualified and skilled engineers for the manufacturing activities of the Ethiopian apparel & fashion industry, which has been in efficient in quality, productivity and lead time compared to the world standards.
Production manager, Floor line supervisor, Industrial Engineer, , Quality assurance manager, Pattern Engineer, technical clothing product designer ,garment factory facility planner, factory layout designer, training center manager , Sales Engineer, Strategic planner, supply chain manager, General manager.